Plant Breeders Rights (PBR) is the best way to ensure you receive the full benefit of developing new plant varieties in Australia and internationally.
- Legally enforceable
- Provides exclusive rights for 20 years
- Provides you with the ability to control of all aspects of your plant, from production to sales, distribution and royalties
How can AHS help?
AHS Managing Director Mark Lunghusen is an accredited Qualified Person (Exotic and Indigenous Ornamentals) with IP Australia, the Australian Government agency responsible for awarding PBR status.
Why use a Qualified Person?
- All applications for PBR must nominate a Qualified Person
- A Qualified Person will help ensure that applications are technically rigorous
- A Qualified Person is your representative and works closely with IP examiners to ensure your PBR grant is legally sustainable
- A Qualified Person can provide support on a number of elements necessary for successful PBR, including comparative varieties, photography and preparation of the variety description
World Wide PBR & Patents
AHS regularly manage applications for international PBR and Plant Patents on behalf of breeders worldwide. Some of our best known successes include
Acacia cognata ‘Mini Cog’
Brachyscome sp. ‘Magenta Magic’
Lagerstroemia indica ‘Diamonds in the Dark’
Lomandra confertifolia ssp rubiginosa ‘Seascape’
We can also act as the Genetic Resource Centre for your plants.